Friday, October 19, 2012

Working Mom

In the mornings, I take the kids to the sitters before I head into work. 

Before Elinore was born Keith was always the morning drop-off and I picked them up.  After Elinore was born, Keith started working earlier hours than before so they can all spend less time at the sitters.  He is in the office by 6:30, so I take the kids to the sitters every morning before I get to the office at 8.  

The sitters is only a mile from our house, so it's a short drive, usually with the boys and I talking about something.  I drop them off with their things and give them well wishes for the day and hug and kiss them all goodbye.

Then I get in the car for the drive to work.  It's about 8 miles to the office, from the sitters, which is a great.  I'm so glad I don't have a long commute to work.   

Before we moved, we had about an hour long commute to and from work.  

It's nice time to center myself for the day and whatever it brings. 

The part I don't like about my drive to work, Elinore's empty car seat base.  It rattles when she's not in the car with me.  That rattle is constant and reminds me that my baby isn't in the car with me.  It's a reminder that I have to go be a working mom, and sometimes, that's just hard. 


No comments: