Monday, October 29, 2012

Working Mom Guilt on Mondays

Since I returned to work 4.5 weeks ago, I've quickly learned something about Mondays. They are hard.

I know very few, if any, people who say they love Mondays, but I've always been of the thought that I don't dislike another day of lie when there are so many thing to be thankful for.  But fairly consistently since I've been back I've struggled through my Monday at work. After two glorious days with my family it is hard to leave them.  I spend my Mondays battling the mom guilt. 


I've been a working mom for years, and I've always had an itch to stay home with the kids.  Yet, before Elinore, I hadn't had the experience of staying home with the boys. I didn't know how awesome it could be to stay home with them more.  Maternity leave showed me that. 

I think part of it stems from the fact that my mom was home with my brother and I when we were growing up.  Granted, it was a very non-traditional situation where she worked at home since my parents owned their own business that operated from our home. I think that was rare for the time 20+ years ago too.

I still have the itch, it may even be stronger since Elinore arrived, but we are confident in the decision that me working is what is right for our family.

No comments: