Saturday, November 19, 2011

November Thankfulness - Installment 6

Well, I got a bit behind in my Thankfulness this week.  I've been really tired lately; we'll say it's the change of seasons.  It's turning to winter here and getting that chill in the air!  But I'm back for another installment!
 
Day 13:
I'm thankful for blessings in disguise from God.  I may not have become a mother the traditional way, but I'm still a mother.  And my boys, they have two Moms.  My heart breaks for them and the challenges they will face in understanding their unique situation, but things could be worse, a lot worse.  So I'm thankful for my boys and our situation because we are safe, happy and loved.
 
Day 14:
I'm thankful for my Dad.  The 14th was his 59th birthday.  I've always been a daddy's girl, and that hasn't changed over the years. 
 
Day 15:
I'm thankful for my mom.  The 15th was her 54th birthday.  My mom has helped us out a lot with our little family, and for that, we are very grateful. 
 
Day 16:
A few days late, but I'm thankful for Caden time.  I spent a full day with just Caden as I had done earlier with Caleb.  Caden and I too had cupcakes from the cupcake bakery before heading to the library.  Only this time, we went to our small town library, which I actually preferred.  There were less people and actually some people we knew.  Granted that comes with a smaller selection, but we still have access to everything in the larger library as well.  I think we'll be back for future visit to our library!  We headed to lunch then where we at at the "tall seats" at the lunch counter per his request.  We did a few shopping things then to wait until Puss in Boots started that afternoon!  Caden wanted to go to the pet store to pick outa  new toy for our dog, Belle.  And another store to pick a Christmas present out for his brother.  He's so sweet, I melt!  It was a great day of fun, and something I look forward to doing again with both boys.
 
Day 17:
I'm thankful for a job that is flexible.  They understand the importance of family and work/life balance and make the stress of being a full time working mom easier.  Hats off to you companies who understand!
 
Day 18:
I'm thankful no one was hurt last weekend when we hit a deer on our way home.  I'm also thankful for a brother-in-law who fixed the car up for us to pick up today. 

No comments: