Sunday, July 10, 2011

Graduate School

When I finished undergardaute, I knew I wanted to go back to school again someday.  At the time my plan was to work two years, and then start taking classes in the evenings a year ago with the financial support of my company. 

Then my life changed

I didn't give up on my dream, but I certainly put it on the backburning, not expecting to do it for many years as I was busy with my family and raising kids. 

Then a few months ago, I was in a slump.  I needed something more; I wanted something more. 

By chance, I had a meeting with someone from another department at our company, and she started me thinkging about it again.  She had recently completed her graduate degree and had young kids at home. 

My wheels started turning as I pondered the possibility of it.  Of course I talked it over with my hubby, and he was thrilled that I was thinking about it again.  I'm so blessed to have such a supporting husband.  Hopefully he thinks the same while I'm in school and he's got to pick up more of the work around the house!

I did my reserach.  I narrowed down my list.  I applied.

I waited.  I waited nervously.  I worried I wouldn't get in for fall semester becuase I was so late to the game this year.  I worried I'd have to wait to start until spring semester.

Then my acceptence letter came!

I'll be taking MBA classes starting in September at Ashland University!

No comments: