Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Parenting Class: Week 2

This week we reviewed what we learned last week in class, and we started to expand.

This week our homework assignment is to expand on play time.  Not only are we to dedicate 10 minutes a day to child-directed play time, but we're also to start practicing some verbal coaching with the boys.  It's a method to talk about what they're doing during play time and encouraging their actions. 

We'll see how it goes; it's an awkward thing to do in practice.  (We do some role playing/practice in the class.)

On another note, when we broke down into small groups this week, my husband and I were separated.  I dislike that.  I'm not a social person.  I can't make small talk.  I'm very uncomfortable around people I don't know.  I like being able to use my husband as my "shoulder."  I should really work on this, but I'm not too motivated to. 

Next week I'm going to miss parenting class.  I'll be traveling in Minnesota for the week for work, but my husband is going to fill me in.  Hopefully after that, we'll be able to working in the same group!

No comments: