Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Parenting Class: Week 1

This evening was the first session of a twelve week parenting class my husband and I are taking as recommended by our pediatrician due to issues we've had at home and day care as of late. 

There is a small group of us that gather in a local church to learn The Incredible Years approach to parenting.

Each week we have a topic, and each week we have a homework assignment. 

This week, our primary topic was child-directed play. 

Our homework assignment, 10 minutes each day of child-directed play


Tomorrow we begin.  My husband and I have decided that we're going to do 10 minutes for each child, so while I spend my 10 minutes with Caleb, hubby will be spending it with Caden, then we'll switch. 

Do you spend time your children playing at their direction?

No comments: