Tuesday, January 22, 2013

2013 Goals

Early in 2012 I set a few personal goals for myself early in the year, kept them in my mind all year and succeeded in what I set out to do.  I credit most of my success to setting SMART goals.  (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time Bound)

I've been thinking a lot about my goals for 2013, and  I've been tossing them around in my head.  It's time to put them to paper to keep my accountable for this year.

I've been trying to spend more time in my Bible, and my goal for the year is to read my daily devotional and passage, reflect and spend more time in prayer.  

I need to start working out regularly again.  I'm registered for an April 6, 5K, but my goal is to continue working out at least 3 days a week, and ideally running. 

I want to spend more time outside.  That's a tough goal to write on the coldest day we've had so far this winter with most of today being in the single digits; however, when the weather is nice, I want to spend more time outside and playing with the kids.  I stayed inside a lot last year since it was one of the hottest years on record and i was pregnant or had a newborn!

Plant a garden and work in it!  This goes well with my prior goal.  My husband is super on board with this one, he even purchased a tiller this weekend for it.  

Start composting.  I've been trying to convince Keith to start composting for a couple years now.  He was not agreeable until a newer co-worker of his talked him into it.  At least we're planning to compost now. 

And last, but certainly not least, I plan to focus on my family!  I feel like we're finally starting to get into an evening routine that works and allows me some time to spend time playing with the kids most nights.  I've been training myself to leave some chores until the kids go to bed and relax so I can spend more time with the kids before they go to sleep. 

    1 comment:

    SkyMommy said...

    Those sound like great, very realistic goals. Best of luck with them!