Saturday, January 05, 2013

2012 Goals Reviewed

About a year ago I wrote down some of my personal goals for the year.

Sometime this summer I looked back at them and was happy to see the progress I'd made on them.

And now, the year is passed and I want to see how I did before choosing some smart goals for 2013.

Check! •Finish my second semester of graduate school, while pregnant, with my GPA still strong - My GPA wasn't as strong as I would have liked for it to be, but considering everything that happened that semester, I am happy with it. I was pregnant, my father-in-law passed away, Caleb had a hospital stay, a work trip and other little things, all of which took away from my school work.


Check! •Take some time off work to savor the the last time we're a family of 4 - After Memorial Day, Keith and I took a few days off to spend with the boys, and although I was feeling kind of uncomfortable at that point having a cold and all, we went to the Cleveland Zoo and did some other fun things.

Check! •Welcome baby into our family - We did this! :)

Check! •Breastfeed baby - So far so good! I won't call it completely checked off until we transition back to working too, but we're well on our way. - Almost 6 months in and still going strong!

Check! •Send the boys to kindergarten (They're so grown up!) - Later this month! - They started in August and are loving it!

Check! •Run a 5K after having baby - I miss working out. I need to start working on this. - I took the easy way out an ran a 5K hosted by my employer in October. 

Check! •Celebrate our 3rd year of marriage with my husband - My first day back to work was supposed to be our anniversary. We're taking a vacation day to celebrate together, and I'll go back to work the day after our anniversary. - It wasn't much of a celebration.  We had lunch at P.F. Changs and shopped at T.J. Maxx.  We may have done something else then before getting the boys back for church that night.  It was a tough day for me to be my last day home with my kids before returning to work.

No comments: