Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I peed on a stick.

When I ran my half marathon, I was almost two weeks late for my period.  I assumed it was from all the running and training I had been doing.  I've known that to alter cycles before.

By the Thursday after the race, November 10, I was tired of waiting and on my way to class that night, picked up a pregnancy test.

I know that you are sometimes advised to take them first thing in the morning, and we always have before, but I wasn't willing to wait this time around.  When I got home from class that night, it was the first thing I did.  And sure enough, it was the clearest positive result we've ever received.  (Just a reminder, our previous experiences are here and here.)

I'm feeling much better now about my less than satisfying half marathon.  Not only was I feeling sick, I was pregnant too!

No comments: