Tuesday, February 13, 2018

How much evidence do we need?

When it comes to belief in God; how much proof do we need to believe?

Have you ever asked yourself or asked God to give you a direct answer to this?  Have you every wondered why he doesn't just show up and make himself known so all believe?

I remember being a kid trying to learn and understand and wanting a clear sign of direction, an answer that never came.  However, as I've grown and aged, I've grown in my faith.  I don't need a sign; I have prayer.  I see his handwork in nature; I see his love in other people.  I feel his presence in my world.  I see his miracles around us. 

What would it mean if he appeared to us here one day?  Wouldn't that be the coming of Christ and change everything we know?  Would it be too late for our faith to save us? 

What about free will?  He gave us free will in his creation; He wants to be chosen by us.  Don't you want to be chosen by someone too?

If He appeared here now and we saw his glory, would we have the free will to choose him and believe and follow him?

(Thoughts from Talking With Your Kids About God.)

No comments: