Friday, April 03, 2015

People

There is a large portion of my life where I've felt like an outsider.  I've rarely felt truely connected to other people would who have my back through challenges and happy times.  It's something I always wanted though.  It was a comfort, a community and a support system. 
 
Don't get me wrong through those many years that was the overarching theme, but there were people for periods that were there for me.  I can think of a few standout ones, even if we're not close now. 
 
The last few years though, I've seen that change in my life.  We have a community; my family has people.  People who love us and care for us and help us out.  People who aren't family, but care anyway. 
 
Much of this comes from our church family.  And I'm so grateful we've found them, and they us.  I've learned a lot of about showing other people we care, and I try to exercise it.  I pray for them and share with them. 
 
For the first time in my life these last few years I've felt like I've belonged.  I've found my home.
 
I also don't think it's a coincidence that this has coincided with my faith.  I grew up in the church; I've known the stories of the Bible for years, but it's only been the last couple years where I've leanred what it really meant to be a follower of Jesus.  I've only started to grasp the greatness of his sacrifice and the beauty of our relationshp with God. 
 
We are never turely along when we have God.  He is our person always and forever. 
 
James 4:8 "Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded." 
 
 
 

No comments: