Friday, April 10, 2015

To Kill a Mockingbird

 
I finished reading To Kill a Mockingbird  yesterday.  I read it in high school, but couldn't recall much about it, and I wanted to read Harper Lee's book coming out later this year, so I thought it would be a good time to re-read this classic.  I was not dissapointed in my choice.
 
I think I had a greater understanding and appreciation for the human choices and issues brought up in it that what I would have in high school.  The charcters in the book drew me in.  I was on the edge of me seat waiting for what was coming next.  It was captivating and heartbreaking and real (for a novel anyway). 
 
It was a journey into the lives of a small town, many years ago who faced challenges in race.  I saw the good and the bad in people and those who stood by and those who hoped for change in the characters.  I loved the stand they took in supporting Tom Robinson and fighting for him and what they believed in, and I could see a divine alignment of characters in a way that lead to the beginning of change for a town. 

No comments: