Wednesday, November 05, 2014

36 Week Appointment

Last week I had an appointment with the doctor at 36 weeks. 

I had gained 30 pounds at that point, which I think is getting close to more than I gained with Elinore, and more than I was expecting too.  Although that combined with the time change over the weekend and I started a little bit more working out again (at least for two days now anyway)!

The doctor checked, and baby is no longer breech!  Sometime in the last 2 weeks, baby flipped.  I had thought baby had flipped, but I was confident, and I needed that confirmation!  She also thought so, but we did confirm with an ultrasound, so we got to see baby's little head in the down position and baby's little legs crossed!  We avoid certain areas so we still don't know what we're having, which is just the way we want it!

Baby's heartrate was 160bpm, which is higher than it's normally been.  I asked about that and the doctor said that it was probably due to the feeling around she'd done to check for head down position. 

Before we confirmed the baby was turned, we learned all about what we could have done at the hospital to manually turn the baby by one of the doctors.  I think we'd have gone that route if baby was still breech, but luckily we don't have to!  She said there was little chance baby would turn again.  Also good news!

She checked and said I might be at 1 cm already, but hadn't progressed much and that it was normal at this point in the pregnancy to be there since I've had a baby before. 

We're down to weekly appointments now, so we'll see how they keep going! 

T-minus 3.5 weeks, plus or minus!

I went through the baby clothes over the weekend and started laundry so the little one has some clean clothes!  I have the contained in Elinore's closet with the boy clothes and girl clothes we have too, so I can wash those up once the baby's here and we know what it is!  But, either way, most of the clothes are very summer-y.  After all, Elinore was a July baby!  So we may have a need there, but Christmas will be right around the corner once baby's here, so I'm sure we'll receive at least a few gender specific items for the holidays! 

We also installed the car seat base in the van for the little one.  I had to put a replacement part on Elinore's over the weekend, which I did while it was out since she had been with my mom over night anyway.  So I got them both out.  The seat itself has some parts being washed currently, but I'll assemble it soon to put in the van too!

No comments: