Sunday, July 14, 2013

2013 Goal Update

I wrote these goals back in January.  Since we're just about mid-way through the year, I wanted to review how I'm doing!


I've been trying to spend more time in my Bible, and my goal for the year is to read my daily devotional and passage, reflect and spend more time in prayer.  -  I'd been doing really on this until the last week.  I want to please my God and know my Jesus.  I want to know the word.

I need to start working out regularly again.  I'm registered for an April 6, 5K, but my goal is to continue working out at least 3 days a week, and ideally running.  -  I didn't run that April 6th, 5k.  I took Elinore to swim lessons instead, which was awesome!  I was busy with school and kid of stayed out of the pattern of fitness, because it wasn't a priority, and I couldn't handle everything, so it was a something I decided to lower on my priorities list.  We were still some what active as a family occasionally, which I felt good about.  The last week or so, I've written down a schedule and one week in have kept to it.  We'll see how long I can keep it up.  I don't know how long, I'm taking two classes this fall!  Yes I'm crazy, but I want to FINISH my MBA!

I want to spend more time outside.  That's a tough goal to write on the coldest day we've had so far this winter with most of today being in the single digits; however, when the weather is nice, I want to spend more time outside and playing with the kids.  I stayed inside a lot last year since it was one of the hottest years on record and i was pregnant or had a newborn!  -  I haven't spent a ton of time outside, but certainly more than I used to, and I feel good about it. 

Plant a garden and work in it!  This goes well with my prior goal.  My husband is super on board with this one, he even purchased a tiller this weekend for it.   -  Keith is the garden rock star this year.  I haven't really done anything with it, but Keith has made it amazing.  Worthy of writing something just about it. 

Start composting.  I've been trying to convince Keith to start composting for a couple years now.  He was not agreeable until a newer co-worker of his talked him into it.  At least we're planning to compost now. -  Thanks to Keith, we are fully on board with this and doing well!

And last, but certainly not least, I plan to focus on my family!  I feel like we're finally starting to get into an evening routine that works and allows me some time to spend time playing with the kids most nights.  I've been training myself to leave some chores until the kids go to bed and relax so I can spend more time with the kids before they go to sleep. -  This is awesome.  My time with them is never enough, but reading the Bible and praying about it reminds me that I'm still responsible for the house and chores and I feel good about this too. 

No comments: