Wednesday, July 25, 2012

To Ellie: Your First Few Days


Our time in the hospital was peaceful.  Keith didn't like being stuck in the same room for multiple days, but it didn't bother me one bit to be in a room with you and Daddy with visits from my boys.  Being a new parent wasn't terribly difficult in the hospital when you have nurses around to help!  I was anxious about going home and being on our own with you. 

While we were in the hospital, we choose to keep you in the room with us the whole time; I couldn't bear the thought of you not being there with us!  In fact, I kept your little cradle/crib as close to my bed as possible.  The foot of the bed wasn't close enough for me. 

Your first few days, your tiny little wrinkled hands reminded me of my grandmothers.  Now they are plump and round.  Now, when we're breastfeeding, I love seeing those cute little hands rest on me, even when you're using them to block my view of you.

Upon coming home, I loved sitting and holding you while breathing in the smell of you.  I still do.   That first week, we couldn't hardly put you down.  I didn't want to share you! 

Your big brothers are over the moon excited about you.  They are full of questions about you, and I can even seem them starting to be protective of you.  They are so very excited for you to come to the babysitters with them when I go back to work.  Mommy on the other hand, is already not looking forward to that day. 




1 comment:

Kristin said...

This brought tears to my eyes! So sweet! Hope all is going well with Baby Ellie.. can't wait to meet her!