Friday, May 04, 2012

Holding my Hand

I know a day will come when my children will no longer want to hold my hand.  As a mother, I'm not looking forward to the day, yet at the same time hope I can appreciate they are growing their confidence and independence in the world.  Let's face it, I'm not sure I'd want to walk around with my 17 year old still holding my hand walking through the grocery store and everywhere else.  There is a time limit on the hand holding.
I fear the day is near they won't want to hold my hand anymore.  It already happens now, but more often than not I'm surprised they still reach for my hand as we walk around places.  Sometimes it's difficult to find two hands for each of them to hold as we walk out of the store with our purchases, but I try my best to give them my hand or a couple fingers, because I know these days are numbered.  


No comments: