Monday, March 22, 2010

What I've Accomplished Since College

I graduated from college in May of 2008.  It's nearly two years since that day that propelled me into adulthood.  In that time, I've had MANY life changing events that have made me who I am today.  And I can say with confidence that I am proud to be who I am today, but that I am still and always will be a work in progress.  Perhaps I have accomplished a lot in the last two years, but there are so many more accomplishments yet to come!

Things I've Accomplished Since College:
  • A "well-budgeted" vacation with a great friend.
  • Started my job as an insurance trainee & feel in love with insurance.  (I know NERD!)
  • Received the worst phone call of my life to date.
  • Became an instant mommy to twin two year old boys over night & 5 year old boy.
  • Moved in with my boyfriend to be a better Mommy Beth.
  • Got engaged.
  • Went through months of anxiousness and waiting for court hearings and the legal system process.
  • Bought a mini-van!  Lame, but I love it and wouldn't go back!
  • Bought our first house.
  • Sent our 5 year old back to live with his mom.  
  • Got my "dream" job working in agriculture industry!  :)
  • Got married.
  • Got pregnant.
  • Lost first pregnancy.
  • Bought a new car.
And here I am.  Nearly two years in the making a COMPLETELY different person.  In that time I've had friends come and go.  I learned that it is hard to identify with friends who don't understand your ever changing life situation or the struggles we've been through in the last two years.  I may not be a biological mother to any of my children, but I love them as if they've been my own.  It's been a challenge for us, but it's creating a better relationship for my hubby and I, and I love him.  :) 

    No comments: