Friday, March 26, 2010

"The Police Man told Daddy to Slow Down"

I'm driving my boys to school this morning through my small village and admiring what's hopefully the last snow of the season, when Tater Tot starts talking from the back seat.  The coversation went something like this:

TaterTot: "The police man talked to Daddy."
Mommy: "Oh reaaaaly!?"
TaterTot:  "The policy man told Daddy not to drive fast in our van anymore."
Mommy:  (Knowing nothing of police man interactions.)  "Reaally!?"  Of course as I grab my phone to call my Daddy.
TaterTot:  "But the police man when bye bye then."
Next thing you know I'm calling my husband.  Um, your son told me this on the way to school this morning...  Hubby says "What?  No!  I wasn't pulled over." 
Mommy: "Well I don't think a three year old just makes these things up!"
Daddy:  "Ohhh!"

As it turns out, on their way to day care yesterday there was a water main break in town.  Hubby stopped where the road was closed and talked to the police man about an alternate route to get the boys to day care.  Apparently what TaterTot MEANT to say was Daddy couldn't drive fast through the water in the road! 

You can't do anything in front of those boys with a story being told!

I'm still laughing about it throughout the day when I think about it!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

How funny! Hope you keep posting stories out here!