Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thankful for Spring After a Rough Winter

I don't think there has been a year in my life that I have appreciated and been as thankful for Spring as I am this year.  After a rough second half of winter for my family, and a busy holiday season.  (We had 10 Christmas celebrations in 3 days!)  I was exhausted physically and emotionally.  Loosing our pregnancy gave me a LOT of down time.  It was healing emotionally from a loss and healing physically from TWO D&Cs.  I relied very heavily on my awesome hubby to do the brunt of the housework and kid watching while I slept a LOT. 

After what seemed like forever, I finally started feeling better physically and as the weather got warmer and the rain started coming my mood improved drastically!  I feel like a completely different person than how I felt a few months ago.  I still feel sadness over our loss, but moving on couldn't have come at a better time of the year!

Spring is all about new beginnings, happiness, and in the agriculture world planting season!  I noticed this year that I am just happier now that spring is here.  I notice flowers, the smell, and things I took for granted before.  Beer tasted better, motivation has increased, and I'm looking forward to doing some real work!  I miss a day of physical labor making something great for a purpose.  For me that could be planting flowers in our flowerbeds, weeding, or the most recent event in my house painting!

Over the weekend, my hubby and I painted TWO bedrooms in our house!  The kiddos rooms is now a burnt orange/copper color and our room is a sage green like color!  The kids went to spend the night with my mom, and hubby and I made a darn good painting team!  It just felt good.  And I'm continuing it as I started training for a 5K on Monday!

No comments: