Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Bringing Up Boys


I finished reading this book over the weekend.  It took me awhile to get through.  It wasn't hard to read, but it was a hard read.  I found myself feeling guilty for not following a few of his strong recommendations.  1 - I send my kids to public school.  2 - I work outside the home. 3 - I am part of a blended family.  Even with these differences in lifestyle choices from the books recommendations; I feel the book was a valuable read, and I learned some things and have applied some things in our life of raising boys. 

This book was written close to 20 years ago, and still applies today.  I can see the viewpoints and the society changes and examples that directly related to the world today.  With twin boys in my house, I'm always looking for ways to be a better parent to them, to connect with them, and to understand them. 

No comments: