Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Truck Doors

Late this summer I was driving to the gas station to pick up milk and had the girls with me.  As we're driving down the state route near where we live I thought I head a window open in the back seat.  I thought, well that's odd, I thought the window locks were on.  Both girls have a tendency to open windows in the back seat.  So I check the window lock button, it's on.  Uh oh.  I glance to the back seat, Ruth has opened the door and is holding on to it.  (She is still securely strapped into her car seat!)

I slow down, and it appears she's reclosed it.  We're almost to the gas station, so I slowly finish the drive there, make the turn into the gas station, and as I make the turn, the door swings WIDE OPEN. 

There I am in the gas station lot, unable to pull into a parking spot because the door open.

There's a gentleman and his kids at another pump staring at me.  A guy walking out of the gas station laughing like crazy, and I'm walking around the truck, closing the door, walking back around the truck and pulling into a parking spot.

Then I learned how to turn on the child locks on the doors.

No comments: