Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Table

Earlier this year, during the winter that last into spring, we bought a new kitchen table.  I've wanted a new kitchen table for years.  However, at our old place, we didn't have room for anything bigger.  So after 9 months or so in the new place, we bought on a table.  It wasn't even planned!

My mom and I were out one day and happened to stop in a furniture store that had a boutique within.  While I checked out the boutique, my mom was checking the furniture bargain section, saw a table, that led to me calling Keith to meet me there and we bought a table!

It's big too, with 2 leaves in it to make it even bigger!

We didn't need to the leaves in it for our family dinner at home, so we had kept them stored within the table (neat feature).  But after having a mother's day cookout at our place, we'd put the leaves in and are keeping them in.  Now I think, our table is big and always ready should be have someone stop by or have folks for dinner. 

To me, it's a sign that our table is ready for guests, and I need to remember that hospitality mindset.

No comments: