Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Isaiah

A few more personal notes and thoughts from my reading of Isaiah.

  • God's message to all the lands were that judgment is coming and sin is everywhere.
  • Do I do useless things with my time?
  • From Isaiah 41:1 - Doomsday or the end of the Earth shouldn't be scary knowing God; He will be there in the End as He was there in the beginning
  • Idols are bad.  They can't do anything for you.  They sought idols made of wood to save them.  I don't seek wood idols, but when I am tired or stressed to I first turn to God?  Or do I seek a tv show and a snack to replenish.  My idols may not be wood but just as distracting from God. 
  •  Did the writer of Isaiah knowledge of the Earth influence the writing?  There is such talk of love for Jerusalem, but I live in the USA, which didn't exist then.  That doesn't mean we're excluded from God. 

No comments: