Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Keeping up with the Jonses - Sermon Notes

I took a couple notes again during this Sunday's sermon.  I didn't take enough notes to put the whole thing together, but enough I wrote a few key tidbits down!

The sermon was called "Keeping Up with the Joneses."  The scripture was from Genesis 37:1-4 & 12-28 (CEV).  She started with the top 10 dysfunctional Biblical families, while I'd love to have the whole list I only have that number 1 was the family of Hosea.  She didn't describe this story in details as we had several kiddos in church, but I agree with dysfunctional.  Sin, with an S means we are separated from god and sin with an s is the actions that separate us from God. 

Throughout the Bible, this is so much favoritism, and I know I came to that realization last week, but she brought it up this week, which has just continued to keep it in my mind.  I have seen it in my world today, and I don't want to repeat it, but can I be any different in my sin? 

No comments: