Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Best Yes

A dear friend of mine had been recommending I read The Best Yes by Lysa Terkeurst for some time before I actually picked it up.  I was hesitant to read it for reasons I'm not sure I'm entirely sure of.  Perhaps because I thought it would tell me something I needed to hear?  I know I was cautious that I didn't want it to give me excuses for saying no to everything, which it didn't! 

Ultimately, I read the book quickly and took notes the whole way through the book in my journal.  I often read books, I occasionally write in my journal about this, but this book was different, I took notes like a school girls as I read it, I thought about it, expanded on it more in my notes, and wrote direct quotes from the book into my journal.  It was a book like I've not read before.  In some chapters it was great lessons I needed to hear; in other chapters is was confirmation that I'm already doing some things that are great.  I feel reminded that I have purpose in what I do without overworking myself. 

It was a great read, one I'm so glad I picked up.

No comments: