Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Hair Straightener

I wrote before about my work travl to Minnesota, but I did not write about my trip to the Mall of America.

I went there with the intent of picking up some things to take home for the kids and having a nice dinner.  One of my agents had reccoemended a good place to dine, so I thought I'd take her reccomendation for supper while I was there. 

I arrived and walked around the first floor of the mall, bought a few things and enjoyed just looking around.  I found the reccomended restuant, Tucci Benucch, and took a seat on the patio.  She had reccomended their wine and pizza, so I ordered two appetizers for my meal, a pizza and some bruschetta and a glass of wine. 

I ate and drank, called home, ordered a second glass of wine and people watched.

After dinner I decided to try to finish walking hte Mall.  I wanted to see all there was to offer and I was in no hurry to get back to my empty hotel room.  (I was to the Mall of America once before on a family vacation about 10 years ago, but didn't remember much of the trip.) 

Walking around the second floor, I think, maybe it was the third, it's all a little fuzzy, a gentelmen handed me a small wet wipe looking thing and complimented my hair.  Who doesn't love a compliment!  He asked me a few questions about the products I use on my hair, and was shocked when my only response was shampoo. 

The next thing I know he has me sitting in his stylist chair with a straightener in my hair heating up my face and telling me how I really need this product to make my hair look great. 

Clearly the second glass of wine was a mistake

They day after I got home, after the kids were in bed, I told Keith about it. Who immediately grabbed the straightner looked i up on Amazon and found it for $70. He didn't appreciate my comment about saving $100 when he orginally tried to sell it to me at $200!

I'm using it daily and actually really liking it. It makes having short hair much more manageable. (Speaking of, I need write about my short hair!)

1 comment:

SkyMommy said...

Bahaha! Those salesmen are such tricksters. At least you actually love what you got, even if it was a little overpriced.