Monday, February 18, 2013

Elinore - 7.5 Month Review

Dear Elinore,

I'm late for your 7 month post.  We've been busy, and the words of what to say about you last month with us haven't been there.  So we're going to consider this your 7.5 month review.  It's really quite fitting this way as you've had a lot of new developments even since you turned 7 months old!

Since you turned 6 months old you've had several new experiences! 

You tried your first solid foods, sweet potatoes.  You've done very well with eating solid foods, other than peas early on, you've taken them all so well and enjoyed them!  So far, I think pears are your very favorite with bananas as a close second.  You've had: sweet potatoes, butternut squash, pears, bananas, apples, peas and avocado. 

You managed through another slight cold in the middle of January.  You fared so well, as did your brothers, your father and I; however, were down for the count.  I was fortunate enough to be able to take a sick day or two and Grandma Nancy came to watch you at home so I could rest and keep you here with me. 

You were baptized!  January 27, you and your brothers were baptized in our church with your family present.  You did so well, and I nearly cried in the front of the church for what we're doing for you and having a our family and church family support us in raising you all and teaching you about our faith. 

That same afternoon, you started crawling Army style across the floor.  You were determined to get to a toy; you've since mastered crawling all around the room with your arms.  You are moving!

I took my first overnight work trip while you were six months old.  The end of January I sent 2.5 days in Minnesota for work.  You and you Daddy and brother did just fine here; I however, was a mess.  I cried before I left, most of the way to the airport and on the plane.  (Granted it was a bumpy flight and fear in the plane didn't help the tears situation!)  I pumped and dumped while away and made it through a day full of meetings before crying myself to sleep that night after searching the internet for early flights home.  Day two went better with a few meetings and an afternoon/evening off, and since I couldn't get an earlier flight, I kept myself busy at the Mall of America.  As I wandered around the place, I dreamed of girls weekends for us there when you're older!  Reuniting with you the next afternoon was fantastic! 

Since you've turned 7 months old you're hit a lot of milestones!  You are now sitting up on your own, for only short periods of time.  They usually end in you face planting into the floor to get crawling around.  You can only sit up if we sit you in the seated position to start with; you haven't figured out how to get yourself there yet, but I'm sure it's coming soon. 

You have been babbling up a storm lately and making all kinds of noises and more produced sound you've been practicing.  The other night in Lowe's, I was holding you when you looked at Daddy and said Dada for the first time!  You may have even reached for him, which you're just slowly starting to get the hang of. 

Just the other night, I felt your first tooth.  I haven't seen it yet, mostly because you keep it hidden with your tongue well. 

Oh dear Elinore, you are full or smiles, happiness and keeping mommy and daddy on their toes.  We do love you so very much, your smiles, your giggles and laughter and watching you learn.  I love every moment of it.  We have been so blessed with you.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: