Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mommy, thank you for showering.

This morning as hubby, kids, and I were leaving for work, Muffrin gives me his goodbye hug and kiss and says "Thank you for taking a shower."  Ummmm, "You're welcome?"  We try very hard to teach our children manners, but so far discretion about thoughts hasn't had any luck sticking.  I mean they are only three, and I am mom, but this isn't the first time this week that he's made a comment about my bathing habits.  Monday as hubby and kids were leaving and I was curled up on the couch for a sick day, Muffin hugs me goodbye and says "Mommy, please take a shower today."  Well, ok, thanks for the tip!  Now I shower daily, and I've always thought I take decent care of myself, but apparently my 3 year old doesn't approve.  It's not unusul and bedtime for hugs and goodnights to include a good "Mommy, you stink!" 

Now I realize things in our home haven't exactly been normal for the last month considering all the other circumstances.  Our maybe baby changed a lot of things in my house for the short time it was around, and roles have shifted as I am still recovering and healing.  (Hopefully my body stops hating me soon!)  The cutest things out of it, aside from the bluntly speaking about my hygeine!, is that the boys have started having a real desire to help, with everthing, whether they can actually be helpful or not!  They were helping daddy pack his lunch for work earlier this week, when the nex thing I know is that the lunch box is tipped over and packed items covering our kitchen floor!  Daddy's been such a trooper!  Hopefully their helpfullness outlasts this short period of disorganization in our house!

No comments: