Friday, March 15, 2013

Litter

This past weekend I took the kids out to "practice" for the fun run they are registered for early next month.  They are running one lap around the track at the high school stadium.  I'm running in the 5K the same day. 

The made it roughly half way before they were tired and wanted to walk.  We may practice another time or two before the day weather permitting of course. 

We were blessed with great weather on Sunday, so they asked to go for a walk when we arrived back.  So my mom and I went out with the kids, including Elinore in the stroller, and went for a walk.  I estimate it was at around a half mile or so.  We walked the school sidewalks and parking lots down to their elementary school and back. 

I was so proud of Caleb as he saw some litter on the walk and started picking it up!  He carried it for awhile, and then I realized he could put it in the stroller.  He kept it up on our walk. 

Caden joined in later too, but most of the time he was busy with the dog.  He usually likes to handle Belle when we go for walks. 

On our way pack through the high school parking lot we found a lot of trash, so my mom and I even joined in his efforts in picking up.  I'm pretty sure I picked up the remnants of some high schoolers breakfasts of pop tart and muffin wrappers. 

By the time we got back to the house the bottom of Elinore's stroller was full and the boys set at unloading it into the trash and recycling bins in our garage. 

It warms my heart to see them being so thoughtful and caring. 

No comments: