Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm thankful for...

I originally started a list of things I'm thankful for that started looking big picture, but I wanted to write a list of the little things in life that I'm so very grateful for.  Don't get my wrong, I am very grateful for the big things too, like family, friends, our church, our home, etc.  But there is so much more out there to be thankful for, that I don't want to forget the little blessings in life. 

At bedtime prayers with the boys, we always thank God for our blessings, and often share some things we're thankful for that are on our minds.  I usually start with a few things and often the boys start sharing things they're thankful for too and we all pray together and thank God for our blessing.  It love that the boys jump in with their own blessings, and I love the insight it gives me into what's going on in their little minds. 

So, without further delay, here's a list of some of of life's little blessings I'm grateful for:
  • my children's laughter
  • the change of seasons, each new season is my favorite (until a new season comes along anyway!)
  • my pillow
  • my comfortable green sweatpants (my husband says they're quite unattractive!)
  • warm cups of mint tea in the mornings
  • blue cheese on a salad
  • the ability to run
  • corny jokes (What did the little bird say to the big bird? ... Peck on someone your own size!)
  • hearing one of my favorite songs on the radio
  • watching my husband play with our boys
  • a job that is flexible and provides for my family

No comments: