Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Simlified Time of the Year

It's a common time of year for people to complain about how dull winter is, and how they dislike this time of year.

I love January, and the next few months until the arrival of Spring.

Why do I love this time of year when so many people dislike it so much?

Life is simpler for us this time of year.  And for me simplicity is something I strive for in our hectic family life.

We've just seen all our family members over the holidays.  We've visited, we've ate, we've drank, we've gave; we've received; and we've spent.  The running to this gathering and this party has nearly stopped; our family has all recently seen us and are content.  Our bank accounts are all a little worse for the wear, and no one is calling and asking to go here, or come to this.  It's just simpler. 

It's a time for us to enjoy our home and our family of four as we snuggle on the couch with movies and popcorn to keep us warm from the frigid cold outside.  We hibernate; we're not rushing around; we're not busy and stressed.  We just enjoying a more simple life this time of year.

And that is priceless.

It give me time to rest, reflect, and re-energize for the chaos that consumes the spring, summer, and into the fall.  

Don't get me wrong; I've always said I don't think I could live somewhere where the seasons didn't change as they do here in Ohio, and I still believe that.  I love each season for it's own merits and what it brings.

So many people are just waiting it out until Spring.  I encourage you to think about what is great about this wintery time of the year and don't left life pass you by.

No comments: