Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Christianity and World Religions

On a long drive back from SC, I read most of this book aloud to Keith as we drove to learn and little and connect with something bigger than us that impacts how we treat others.  Our church was also working through this book as the fall Bible study.  While I don't attend the regular Bible study gatherings, I do try to read along with what several other church members are reading, so this let Keith join in too! 

I had taken a couple religion courses in college and always enjoyed them.  I do still enjoy learning about this and reading more.  And I think it deepens my understanding in my own faith, learning about theirs.  It also, takes down some of the unknows that can build fear, and opens up the value and understanding in knowing your global and next door neighbors and loving others regardless of their religious beliefs.  And I'd dare to say differences in many beliefs, political, educational or otherwise.

No comments: