Thursday, July 13, 2017

One of those doors is you

My kids have introduced me to some families through school that I wouldn't normally have gotten to know, and for that I am thankful. 

However, there are some situations where I feel inadequate to help fill the gap.  I'd been struggling with that for awhile, but last night on the drive home, after one of these evenings, I had a realization.

I will never be adequate.  I am not meant to be adequate to fill the gap.  That is Jesus work.  And suddenly, I feel a little lighter. 

This morning on the drive to work I heard the song "With Every Act of Love" by Jason Gray again.  I've heard it several times, and have always enjoyed it, but this morning it connected directly to this thing happening right now in my life.

"God put a million, million doors in the world
For His love to walk through
One of those doors is you
I said, God put a million, million doors in the world
For His love to walk through
One of those doors is you

Oh, we bring the kingdom come
Oh, with every act of love
Jesus, help us carry You
Alive in us, Your light shines through
With every act of love
We bring the kingdom"


No comments: