Friday, March 04, 2016

Missions

I spent part of last Saturday at a women's retreat at my church.  The focus and theme of the day was on missions.  We had a handful of speakers talk about their non-profits and the missions they focus on.  Then we did a couple small mission projects. 

My biggest take away from the day that has stuck with me nearly a week later is that the need in our world is so stinking big I can't even begin to understand it.  My heart hurts for it. 

It is easy to start down the path of thinking, the need is so big I can do so little to meet that need.  But the Holy Spirit has a way of changing your perspective and your thinking at just the right time doesn't he?  I may not be able to solve any major world problems, but I can love.  I can pray, and I can give.  I can give enough to significantly change the life of one and one matters.  We are each wonderfully made by HIM, in HIS image and HE loves us. 

Matthew 25:40 - New International Version (NIV)
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

No comments: