Saturday, December 13, 2014

Sit by Sister

When Ruth was just 4 days old, Elinore and I ventured out with her to take her to her first appointment with the pediatrician.  The outing itself went well since Keith wasn't able to come with us, I didn't know how it'd go, but it was good. 

As we were getting ready to leave, which took quite awhile, Elinore asked if I was going to sit next to her in the backseat.  (I had on the way home from the hospital and picking her up, and she liked it.)  I told her no, I had to drive.  So she said okay, I'll sit next to Ruth.  Silly me thought the empty seat between them still meant they were going to be sitting by each other.  Not true.  When we got to the van and I was buckling both the girls in, Elinore was crying away because she couldn't sit next to Ruth.  (They sit in the middle row of seats of our van, and we have removable seat between them.) 

Nearly the entire drive to the doctor's office she cried about it.  That is until she told me, "I'm mad at you!  You're mad at me!"  After explaining that I wasn't mad at her, she continued to grumble about sitting next to Ruth.

No comments: