Monday, October 17, 2011

Marriage Lesson Learned

As I mentioned earlier, my hubby and I recently reach our second year of marriage. 

In those two years, we've learned about each other, our relationship and our family.

One things I've noticed is that over time, I spent less time calling home, aka mom and dad, to ask questions, get help, bounce ideas off.  I spent more time relying on my husband.

It wasn't an instant thing.  And don't get me wrong, I still ask my parents questions and they still help us out, but I always start with my husband now. 

We are a team, my husband and I, and our families, they support us.

That difference that I felt, when I've separated more from my parents and focused on my husband, I'm sure my parents felt it too. 

And that's the thing.  I want to remember how it felt when I realized my husband and I were making a family of our own, just like the family my parents built for my brother and I when we were kids. 

I want to remember this in 20+ years.  Because then, I'll be the mom, who's feeling her son pull away and build a family of his own.  I want to remember that it wasn't anything fault of my parents, that it is natural and a good thing that my boys build their own family.

No comments: