Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Spirit Day 5K

For the third year in a row, I ran the Spirit Day 5K at work. 

Two years ago at this event I set my PR for the 5K!  At the time a friend and I were training for a half marathon.

Last year at the event I had my worst every 5K time.  At the time I was a day over 14 weeks postpartum. 

This year, I improved over last year, but still MUCH slower than before!

I came in at 36 minutes and 51 seconds, or just under that actually.  Since I'm not a top finished, I don't get official times at the small employee race.  There were about 50 participants.

I ran all but one little stretch, and it was a pretty warm day here for early October.  I think it was some in the high 70s or maybe 80. 

I'm pleased considering my workout schedule has adjusted significantly since I became a parent to 3 along with everything else going on.  My workout schedule now looks like running a couple miles on the treadmill in the basement in the mornings a couple times a week.  And even that isn't too regular.  I go in phases, earlier this summer my husband and I were doing some core work a few times a week and had some other things going on, but that usually happens when classes are in session for MBA.  So right now, that's what it looks like, but it changes often!

In other good news, I wasn't dead last in the race this year!  There were two people behind me.  One of which is a friend of mine. 

Another friend of mine, who sits across the aisle from me at work (for now anyway) won the race for the third year in a row!  This year after he finished he even came back out and finished the last roughly 1/4 mile with me to bring me in. 

I'm so thankful I can run. 


No comments: