Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Sick Baby Girl

Over the weekend Ruthie came down with a runny nose.  We made it so far through winter without anything really in term is illness, but we didn't make it through February without.  For the first two days it was really just a runny nose, than Monday the cough started.  The runny nose didn't bother me so much, but the cough on my smallest little girl who's so young still had be a little bothered.  Sunday night she slept mostly okay, just didn't want to fall asleep at night.  Monday night though was much worse, she sounded so sickly and I was so concerned for her, so even when she did sleep, I didn't much because I was checking on her often.  So Tuesday we headed to the pediatrician's office. 

The boys had a two hour delay due to the weather, so I took the first appointment after 11, when we could get in there.  The doc explained that she had some inflammation in her lower airways, so she wanted to try a breathing treatment to see if helped her.  It did help her move more air, so home we came with directions for the next few days and a follow up appointment in two weeks. 

She slept much better last night, but we were up in the middle of the night for a few hours.  This time just because she was awake and mostly happy!  She's feeling better today and smiling at me again.  :)

No comments: