Saturday, January 03, 2015

Best Gift of 2014

Keith did a great job on my Christmas present this year.  I recieved several items from my Amazon wish list, which is great, but the best gift of all also came from my husband.

So great that when he told me about it, I had not words, just tears. 

For the last year or so I've been wanting to sponsor a child, and Keith and I had talked about it and thought about how great it would be for our family, and he was always on board.  However, every time I sat down to actually do it, I was overwhelmed with the organizations, choices and decisions to be made, so it never got done. 

For my Christmas gift, through Save the Children, my husband sponsored a 9 year old girl in Haiti.

I don't know much more about it at this point.  He says there is information still coming in the mail, but that is enough for me right now, and even as I write this, I'm crying about it again. 

This is the meaning of Christmas for me, and this is something that means more to me than any other gift received. 

It is certainly the greatest Christmas gift I've received, aside form Jesus himself that is. 

No comments: