Friday, November 21, 2014

39 Week Appointment

This morning Elinore and I went to my regularly scheduled doctor appointment.  She was quite excited to go. 

The appointment went well.  There was no wait today, in part because we were 10 minutes late arriving.  Oh well, I'm used to being late!

The baby's heart rate was around 140bpm.

She commented at first that I'd had a large weight gain this week until we realized I was wearing my coat and winter gear still when I was weighed, she didn't care about my weight gain anymore.

She checked my cervix today, and I'm 2 cm dilated, 80% effaced and the baby is in a station 2 position.  She said this was all a good place and the baby could come any time now.  In fact, her words were that I could walk out the door now and have my water break.  She reminded me when to call in or come in with contractions.   

I have another appointment scheduled for Wednesday if there's no baby before then. 

No comments: