Monday, August 09, 2010

My Friend Claire

Somehow I decided that a weekend away by myself was just what this mom needed.  
My destination of choice: Maryland/Washington D.C. to visit my friend Claire!

Claire and I have been friends since our freshmen year of college. 
She was even a bridesmaid in my wedding. 
(She also designed all my wedding invitations and fancy stuff, because she's a pretty awesome graphic designer too!)
end of freshmen year
senior week
 I flew to Baltimore, and with her direction, took the bus and the metro to meet up with her for a dinner party!  It was a great time spent with lots of lovely ladies!  Although I'm certainly not used to a dinner party after 9:00 at night.  That's usually my bed time, not my dinner time!
Photo from Sara Smith

After a morning of sleeping in, we headed out into the blisteringly hot weather to head into D.C.

After doing some walking around, we headed to the National Museum of American History.  Were I got to see Dorothy's ruby slippers and Kermit the Frog!

We spent the evening shopping at Ross Dress for Less and TJ Maxx!  Then dinning on leftovers and watching Sense & Sensibility at Claire's place.  A great way to spend an evening with a friend.

The next day, since I was again flying out of BWI, we decided to head into Baltimore for the day!  With the help of Holly, we found something to spend our day on at the Inner Harbor!


I know I look pretty disgusting.  It was TERRIBLY hot, and you can't see in this photo, but I'm the idiot who wore jeans!

My favorite laugh of the day came while we were paying our bill after our late lunch.  Claire found this as she was going to leave a tip.
Can't read that $1 bill?
Have a closer look.
We had a good laugh.

Then it was time for Claire to drive me back to the airport.

My weekend away was a success, and I've already been thinking about which of my friends I'm going to go visit next year!

No comments: